Monday, December 6, 2010

Tonya's Book is Here!

Tonya, the "Unruly Quilter," has a brand new book, Word Play Quilts!! I've been itching for months to get my hands on a copy and make a quilt with words all over it. At last, it's available today!



Surely most of you already know and love Tonya. She calls her blog, "Lazy Gal Quilting," but she is anything but lazy. She's the ring leader of us gals who chuckle at the quilt police, yet her quilts are tastful, whimsical and beautifully made. Somehow she gets around to supporting and encouraging all of us as we push our creative limits. Best of all, she makes us laugh.



I'm posting this quilt today in honor of Tonya. It's my version of a quilt inspired by an African American quilt maker named Anna Williams. Tonya was leading the charge to try to get a book of Anna's quilts published. I don't know what happened to that goal, but it was a brilliant and courageous effort.

CONGRATULATIONS, TONYA!!!

11 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Is that a book for machine piecers? It is a bot hard to tell looking at the cover.
That quilt is in the WOW catagory.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love your Anna Williams style quilt. And woohooooooo for Tonya's book coming out :-)

Clare said...

That quilt is so awesome. Woo hoo for Word Play Quilts!

Quiltdivajulie said...

YIPPEE ... LOVE the joy and inspiration that is floating about the world today in honor of Tonya ... WOO HOO!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Thanks, LeeAnn. Love seeing the Anna Williams quilt again. I know there were some difficulties with getting the catalog republished, but have to admit I haven't checked into it lately.

Sujata Shah said...

Me too! Can't wait to get my hands on her book!
I love your quilt inspired by Anna Williams. Yes, The catalog republished would be a real treat for lot of us!

Mary Keasler said...

Your quilt just makes me smile all over.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Lovely quilt!! three cheers for Tonya!!!

Brenda said...

happy ITRD!

Kim said...

Wow that is a great looking quilt from the inspiration of Anna Williams......

think of all the quilts that will be made from the inspiration of Tonya!

Happy sewing

Em said...

wahoo to the ode to Tonya and your quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fabulous day of Celebrating Tonya and I am sad that it is coming to an end in next few hours. Happy "TO"osday to you, friend! Love, EM