Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quilt Blog Girls Rock!


You are all so amazing! Last night I panicked, asked for help, and so many of you immediately came through with advice, encouragement and good humor. Thanks to you, I can now make curved seams without holding my breath, hunching my shoulders and furling my brow. They're not perfect, but by the fourth one, I actually said to myself, "Hey, this is fun!" Thank you!!!

Oh, and that black fabric in the corners that you're all drooling over? That's from Victoria.

News just in! Janet at Quiltsalott in Australia has the most wonderful tutorials on curved piecing, using this very pattern. I hope you'll look them up, mate!

8 comments:

Janet said...

I wish I could come and play with your fabrics. Everything you do, I love. I have a short tut on my sidebar for curved seams and used this very pattern in the demos.

Marit said...

This will be a very timeless beauty! Great fabric and color combo.
Maybe some day I'll be brave and try this myself?
; )

Unknown said...

So glad that you are now having fun!! And it is looking spectacular!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, it looks fabulous!!!

beth said...

This is going to be stunning!!! Glad you're enjoying...that's what you're supposed to do!

Buffy said...

See Jean Wells book on Intuitive quilts for help with sewing curved seams. Her method works fine. It's like sewing a sleeve. (Remember those days?) Convex side down, so feed dogs can ease in the curve. Hold other piece up in air. Steer the lower piece with your right hand, and the upper piece with your left hand. No pins. Sew just a little at a time, as needed. Try it. It's ok to use a few registration marks, so you can tug a bit if one piece or the other is falling behind. Practice first, of course.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I love this quilt. Got to make one too. The red is so perfect....you do like your red!

Karen said...

I like the design on your blocks.