Friday, September 4, 2015

Quilts for Twins!

My friend has two new baby granddaughters.  
Of course I planned to make quilts.  But it took some thought.

For twins, do you make them different?  What if one likes the other's better?
Do you make them the same?  What if they argue over who's is who's?

Here's how I solved the issue.


 
The letters are from Tonya Ricucci's book, Word Play Quilts.  
Both are very fun techniques, and no two blocks are alike.

I started with flannel sock monkey print scraps from making 
their older brother's quilt three years ago.  



When I ran out of flannel, I went to my corduroy stash.
The quilts have corduroy backs, one floral and one plaid.
Very soft!



I got to give them to the twins and their moms last weekend.



Older brother got his out and modeled it for us too!


18 comments:

Diane said...

As a momma of twins I can tell you these are perfect! And adorable too. Big brother looks like he is very proud of his as well. So sweet.

Sujata Shah said...

I can understand the dilemma over making quilts for twins. You came up with a perfect solution. I think adding the names was a perfect idea. Older brother could not look any more proud!
Two fabulous baby quilts!

Jan said...

You did a great job. The quilts are fabulous.

Mystic Quilter said...

What bright, cheerful quilts and a good size from the photos, and I love the names for the twins.

Quilteuse Forever said...

Long life to Dahlia and Eliza! They are perfectly nested in these fabulous twin quilts.
You took advantage of two great fun techniques. Bravo LeeAnn!

Julierose said...

Oh how absolutely adorable! Love big brother modeling his, too ;--))) hugs, Julierose

Quilting Stories said...

What a great idea to "personalize" each quilt. They are very beautiful a cheerful quilts, and lovely babies!

Sharon said...

Fantastic way to keep the quilts the same but different. And big brother also has a unique quilt of his own.!

Quiltdivajulie said...

How fun and appropriate and downright wonderful! SO much fun to see big brother with HIS quilt, too.

Rachaeldaisy said...

A brilliant solution resulting in two wonderful quilts!! I love that you were able to incorporate some fabric also used in their brother's quilt. What a great quilt filled family photo.

bumblebee53 said...

These are WONDERFUL! i love the solution.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Gorgeous little quilts... I love the colours and adding their names on them was a perfect solution!

Hilacha (loose strand) said...

Ohh! They came out perfect: bright and colourful, similar,but unique, and FUN! And having their names on them makes them really theirs.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely. Nice with the names on it.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great solution. I still have the brown teddy bear that was intended for my twin our first Christmas.

smazoochie said...

They are very cute -- the quilts & the babies & the big brother.
The quilts will be loved for a long, long time.

Barb said...

What Baby-licious quilts these are! I love the playful liberated techniques you used to make these adorable twin quilts.
What a uplifting and fun post!

Annemieke said...

I love your two quilts! Such a good idea and now they do have their own ones.
Groetjes
Annemieke