Friday, August 21, 2015

Small World

I haven't accomplished much sewing this summer, 
but I have had some quilter friends visit me and my fair city.


In June, Kathy Doughty, Liesel and Carolyn of Material Obsession in Australia arrived. 
We toured Seattle, including the Dale Chihuly Gardens, (pictured here)
before they headed north to teach.
Toodle-oo, mates!



In July, Ana Maria Perna arrived from Spain with her husband, Ruben.  
She was celebrating her 60th birthday with a tour of the Western states
and Quilters Affair in Sisters, Oregon.
Adios, amigos!



In August, Carol Veillon of Quiltmania and her husband, Jean, came from France.
They toured the Northwest on a motorcycle and stopped by my house.
Au revoir mes amis!


All were very fun visits!  I hope to see all of them again.  

As quilt-makers, we're so fortunate to have a passion that allows us to cross borders and oceans and still have so much in common with each other!


I am getting back to sewing again, and will have something to show soon.
See ya later, alligator!




13 comments:

Judith said...

They came from far and even further away! Great fun, you must be loaded with quilt energy! Ajuus paraplus! Daag, Doeg,

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, love how our quilting and blogging take us places and allow us to meet people. I'm so glad I met you in Chattanooga . . . like you said, SO much fun.

smazoochie said...

You've had quite the international summer!

Sujata Shah said...

Do you remember how it used to be before blogging? You have had a busy summer! Looking forward to your new and old(finishes)projects.

By the way, the image verification has gotten fun and kind of interesting. I had to choose the images of candies??? Hmmm..

Quilteuse Forever said...

Only selected wonderful people... from 3 continents, WOW!

Thanks to our blogs I am so happy to take part in this small world...yes, so much fun!

Aliceart said...

Wow! What fun to have such varied visitors! I don't get much sewing done in the summer, either. A little (very little!) handwork sometimes, but that's all. Each year when summer comes, I think I will get so much done, and it never turns out that way.

patricia belyea said...

You have reached out across the miles with your irresistible quilts and generous spirit. Your q friends will always beat a path to your door!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy & happy summer! It's such a wonderful thing, this quilting passion of ours! Looking forward to seeing what you've been up now the visitors have all gone!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Fun times!!

Barb said...

wow you have such a great network of international quilt friend! What fun! Okay, now back to sewing, lol

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

How nice to have other quilters visit you. And from far-away places! Love that!

Connor's Mom said...

Hi, Leann:

I recall some Rebels focus on re-purposing fabric. This may be of interest. Regards, Paula
* * * * *
Crafter Estate Sale
Saturday, Sept. 5, 8:30-3:30
15549 6th Avenue NE, Shoreline

Fabric $2/yard, or 6 yards for $10. Credit cards accepted.
At least 500 pieces of quilt fabric. Proceeds buy supplies for high school science class in low-income area. Questions: tantelycreative@gmail.com.

Sharon said...

What fun you've had this summer! One of things I love about blogging is making connections with people from all over the world!