Friday, August 31, 2012

Bold Expressions Show 2




Bold Expressions Show, a set on Flickr.
Here are some better photos of the Bold Expressions Show of African American Quilts from the collection of Corinne Riley, now showing at the Bellevue Arts Museum in Washington.

You can click on any of these to get to the Flickr set, or click here to see them all. There are 133 photos, including lots of close-ups. Enjoy the show!


Good news! The museum has ordered a reprinting of the book. They say they'll receive it "any day now." You can phone them to place your order. They'll ship anywhere. Here's the phone number (425) 519-0722.

13 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

They are stunning! Thanks for taking the time and making the set on flickr!

Cathy Tomm said...

Thanks for the photos. I have a great time looking at them all. I just love a few and then ask what were they thinking for a few others.

cath babidge said...

very jealous...need to get them to australia sometime

Marit said...

Both bold and beautiful! It was a big treat to look through the flikr set. Hard to pick just one favorite. Thank you for sharing so many great quilts with us. I know I will want to revisit your pictures!
; )

Helen said...

Great photos...wonderful collection! Have a favorite to try out myself.

audrey said...

Wonderful quilts! Thank you so much for sharing. Love these quilts!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic, thank you. I loved the close-up shots to see what kinds of fabric they used. wish there were a few more hands though so I could see how close the quilting lines were...

Sharon said...

Love the primitive look of these, I wish I could see the show in person

pratima said...

They are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful quilt pictures!

Mary Keasler said...

And a fabulous show it was. So happy to see your pictures. Not to be forgotten and I highly suggest to anyone in the area not to miss this! Have you been for another visit yet, Nifty? Sure wish I could

janequiltsslowly said...

Wow! Love this so much. It inspires me to be even more free. It doesn't have to lay perfectly flat does it?

cinzia said...

your friend Mary Keasler sent me over to see these pictures. They are mesmerising! I will be hitchhiking from Montreal to come see them in person...

Victoria said...

What a great resource of visual eye-candy! Thanks so much for sharing!